:hopping on the bandwagon:
Final tomorrow, but I need this out of my system.

They did this in Korea, Japan, Vietnam, Afghanistan, now Iraq. Went in in the name of freedom, totally misunderstood and misread local conditions, and came out in shame. Mostly.

When will they ever learn? For one of the few times during my three years here, I feel glad that I am not part of this country called America. I'm not denying that it has shaped and influenced me, but its politics and foreign policy leave much to be desired.

Somehow I keep thinking of what Toshi said. "Baka! Baka na kuni da!" (Stupid! Stupid country!)

Just want to post interesting sites/articles I found on the topic:
http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com/
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1211411,00.html "Torture as Pornography"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1210408,00.html
http://www.sfgate.com has the pictures in colour and clear if you're in the mood for it (warning: it's ruined my mood entirely)

Doesn't anybody remember the Economist's cover more than a year ago of US torture of "POWs" in Guatanamo Bay, et al?
|
Wei Ting hopped on at 3:34 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

having a divine time in the US

「甲午?争与近代中国和世界 」
Korea Focus 2004 Sep-Oct
「中国的中日?系史研究」 
「日本と韓国・朝鮮の歴史」
(Long reading list bequested by Nishimura sensei)

Secret Garden
"Chaconne"


Osaka Me


Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)